I whipped this up a week or so ago and I can’t wait to make it again! It was a nice vegetarian option! It was rich and creamy and I added extra vegetables to compensate for the lack of meat.
1. Bring stock to a boil in a medium stock pot, then reduce to simmer
2. Melt butter and olive oil in a heavy bottom stock pot over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook until softened. Add the rice and coat the rice with the butter and olive oil mix, do not let the rice brown. Approx 2 minutes.
3. Add the white wine to rice mixture and let the rice soak up the wine. Approx 4 minutes.
4. Gradually add the stock in 1/2 cup increments letting the rice soak up most of the stock. Add the herbs, spices, tomatoes, and extra vegetables. Stir as needed.
5. Divide into 4-6 bowls, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and season with pepper to taste.