Dogs teach us an incredible amount about life and I would love to share
my Winston’s short list with you.
1. If at first you don’t succeed, try again: If you still aren’t getting it, forget it, take a nap, and then try again: Winston is so stubborn but good stubborn. He tries so hard for something and he will not give up until he gets it. Such an admirable quality in life, I would like to say that rubbed off from mom but…
2. Peanut butter always makes you feel better: whether it’s in a Kong or on a spoon peanut butter just makes you feel like life is good. It’s true, go try some!
3. When in doubt, get Mom: when anything goes wrong Winston is at my side. If there’s a horse, lightening, he gets hurt, he comes to me. Anytime I get hurt, I need help I call my mom. Moms love you no matter what you do, it’s unconditional.
4. To be best friends you’ve got to be comfortable facing the smiles and facing the sh*t: Winston has to smell their faces and their butts. He’s taught me a lot. You’ve got to find the friends that you can deal with when times are good and when times are bad.
5. The sunshine is the place to be: Until you get hot, then move to the shade: when things are great soak it up and revel in it; but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. You need change and make the change work in your favor whatever you do.
I literally thank God every day that he put that crazy awesome idea into my head to get Winston. He knew He knew I was going to need him. He knew. He knew there were things that only Winston could teach me. And for that I am so grateful. That is why I thank Him every day and why Winston is going to get an extra-long belly rub tonight