Oh heyyyyyyyyyyyyone day before Thirsty Thursday! This was a very fun and delicious post to make and write while drinking my concoctions. I might or might not have had to make two batches, just to, you know, make sure I had my recipes right… did you buy that?
Here’s what you need:
– 3 cups water
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 TBSP lemon zest
– Juice from 2 large lemons
– 2 pkgs strawberries, cleaned, hulled, halved
– 1 cup vodka (or your preferred libation)
– 1 lemon and few strawberries for garnish
Here’s what you do:
– Add 2 cups water and the sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain into pitcher.
– In blender puree the strawbs. Strain (or not, I did both and loved both) and add to pitcher. Stir, add the last 1 cup water and vodka. Stir. Refrigerate.
-For some garnish add sliced lemons and strawberries. (You can also freeze the strawberries to use as ice!)