July has got me by the throat pinned down on the mat. The bar exam has me by those reproductive organs that I don’t have since I’m a girl.
Working out, I’m ashamed to say, has been consistently pushed back or I choose sleep over it.
But with studying so much I really need some snack ideas that won’t pile on the calories and will keep my energy up to complete another contracts quiz…
So where did I turn? Pinterest of course! BTW I set a 20 minute timer otherwise I’d get lost down the Pinterest blackhole and not study for hours!
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Pretzels/Veggies with hummus. My central market has these individual servings of veggies and pretzels with hummus which is great because it’s way easier to eat three times as much as you need to when there’s a whole bag of pretzels and bowl hummus in front of you!
2. Banana and mini babybel cheese. I find that if I cut up the banana and the cheese it makes me feel like I’m eating more than if I just cracked open a banana and babybel.
3. Sliced apple with almond butter. Slice it up and spread some apple butter on the slices and for a little extra sprinkle some granola on top!
4. Avocado toast. Anything with avocado and I’m sold. Seriously. Smash an avocado in a bowl, sprinkle some salt and pepper, squeeze some lemon, add a little olive oil, and spread on whole wheat toast. Yummy! You can also make this for breakfast if you add an egg.
5. The chia pod. Have you tried these yet? They creeped me out at first because it looked like something I’d rather not think about again…. yuck…. but they are delicious! I don’t love them all but I do love the banana, dark cacao, and vanilla bean ones! Yummy!