Everyone loves a good brunch right? I mean brunch means sleeping in, champagne, and breakfast food. How can anyone not like brunch?! This weekend I whipped up these Champagne Pancakes and boy they were delicious! This champagne pancake recipe involve the best things about brunch: 1. champagne (in them and in my glass) 2. breakfast food (pancakes are American for goodness sake!) and 3. sleeping in (these are super easy to make and you won’t have to get up early to make them)
So pull out your skillet, warm some syrup, get the orange juice, and pop the champagne cork because these pancakes will make you the brunch baroness! Every recipe I adapted this one from said something about “leftover champagne” and I scoffed. That’s like saying ‘leftover wine’ that does NOT happen in my apartment. So if you’re just making these and don’t plan on having mimosas (le horreur!) then use a small bottle of champagne instead of opening a big kid bottle.
Champagne Pancake Recipe
1.5 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt & a pinch
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup champagne (and some for the cook)
1. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter together
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together
3. Stir in the wet mixture into the dry, lumps will happen, that’s okay. Set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Fold in champagne (with sips for the cook)
5. Cook like any other pancake
6. Enjoy like no other pancake because this one has champagne in it!
Bonus points if you serve these with a mimosa bar. Super bonus points if I get an invite!
So when are we brunching?